Wishing

Wishing

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Updates

Here's the low down.  These are the updates I've received since April 18.  I'll be adding more as I receive them.

April 18:  Joel had a pretty good night, vital signs were great.  Sure does not like to be moved!  Last night he was irritaed by being moved and was moving around.  I had him find my, (Denise's), face by my voice and asked him to take my hand.  As soon as he locked onto my face his hand came up for mine.  He is headed down to CT to get his brain pressure evaluated and to look more at his face.  Lots of reconstructive and plastic surgeries are going to be needed but it's a hell of a lot better than him not around at all!  Will update as I know more, he is lucky to have such good friends and family - via Denise.

April 20:  Joel is calming down alot faster from being stimulated.  He was put back on the ventilator last night at 99% just so they don't overwork him too much.  This morning he has been on 60% but he is triggering his own breathing.  We were told that between day 5 and 7 the brain swelling can get worse.  It's considered more of a critical time now than when he first had the brain injury.  They are now trying to control his temp because he had been running kind of a high fever.  The doctor told me that he is progressing well but there might be some regression which is usually the case when it comes to these kin of injurys.  He was taken down to get anther brain CT.  Just before he left he had his eyes open longer than usual so I played the recordings of his boys for him.  What a reaction!  I think he needed to hear his kids, he started reaching up and looking around and even picked himself up like he wanted to get up.  He has a couple procedures planned, (a new central line and some testing to be sure the fever is not triggered from an infection).  It looks like his pelvis surgery is probably going to be Saturday, they originally thought tomorrow but it's too soon - via Denise.

No comments:

Post a Comment